March 9, 2009

I finally got around to taking some card portraits this weekend. I even managed a card or two. When I saw this stamp I loved it, problem being that it was in the back room of a stamp store where the classes and demos take place. When I asked about it I was offered the chance to buy it, umm yup, I could not resist that. I did promise to take a card in to show how I used it though.

This was my first true water color card not just coloring some small section mind you, I still like my Blender pen best when using my watercolor pencils rather then a paint brush.

I love making masculine cards, not sure why but I do so I really enjoyed making this one. I used Diamond Glaze of the water in the bay to add dimension and gloss and Happy Birthday is popped up over the twill tape to give it the 3D effect.



Supplies: Dark brown and tan cardstock, Imaginisce – Now and Forever Roman Columns Designer Paper, Rubberstamp Ave – Scenic Beach, Magenta – Happy Birthday, Scenic Route Paper Co. Twill Tape, Black eyelets, double sided dimentional tape, Diamond Glaze.

I was lucky enough to have a good chunk of Saturday to myself and I was so excited to spend a good amount of it in demos at a local stamp store. After the demos I wanted to try what I learned at home and I will try to post some of those cards this week.

Back at ya tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful, would be one I'd frame cause it looks like a little painting! This card could be great for so many occasions too - masculine birthday, travel, get well, encouragement - well the list goes on.

    I sure wish the camera would do justice to your sparkly blue water - I'm sure its soooo pretty!

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina ...this card is beautiful ...love the scene...way to go girl.


    hugs
    judy

    ReplyDelete