January 7, 2010

Happy New Year and welcome to 2010, I have been dragging my blogging heals. I have not been overly creative since making my Christmas cards. I wonder if I just wore out my little creative being for a bit. I am plugging away at some cards and hope to get them posted in the next week or so though. I have not been doing much in the way of blog rounds either, I know there have been a lot of crafty people being busy but I apologize I have not been visiting. I hope to get a little of that done soon too.

This was a quick card I did before Christmas, I was so excited to make a card with this new Japanese paper I picked up at the local stamp store. I had also been to a demo at Michaels for a book mark that is just so cute, the beads on this card are similar to what was at the top of the bookmark. I wanted to see if I could make it work on the card, that jury is still out on what I think about the beads. The little metal piece could pass for a brad but is actually makings for jewelry I found at Michaels. I love the Japanese paper and coupled with the suede like designer paper I purchased from Paperwishes I was happy with the end result.




Supplies: Cream cardstock, black suede Designer paper, Japanese designer paper, Inkadinkado-Lotus Flower, misc-Just for you, misc beads and fashion accessory, red velvet ribbon.

Have a great week… yes I know it is half over :)

2 comments:

  1. Nina that card is beautiful ...what a way to start the NEW YEAR. Can't wait for the spring line up ...:)

    hugs
    judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you forgot to say the ribbon was soft as the inside of a bunny's ears and the jewels were pretty as any could be found on a fine piece of jewellery. But then I am prejudice...

    Love ya,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete