January 25, 2010

I do love layers on my cards. This beautiful flower was not very easy to cut out but in the end it was well worth it for the 2d effect. The blooms are all glossed up with Diamond Glaze and flower is popped up with foam adhesive tape. I really like to use Scotch mounting tape, I can cut it any length or thickness so that I could put it in behind the flower stems.

In the inside I stamped Happy Birthday.


Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Hot off the Press Vintage Designer Paper, The Artful Stamper – Elegant Orchid, Close to my Heart – Ribbon Round Chocolate Collection and cream pearls, Versafine-Olympia Green, Dew Drop – Crimson Copper, Judikins-Diamond glaze, Scotch mounting tape.

3 comments:

  1. was just curious when you do cut out your stamped images do you just use a little hobby knife or what do you use

    Great job as always on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina ..looks like a lot of hard work ....but what a beautiful card ...love the flowers. Have a great week

    Hugs
    Judyackl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about the delicate work of cutting out something with such a fine stem ... one wrong snip and you cut it in half! It does look very impressive "popped up" and I know it would look even more impressive in real life.

    ReplyDelete