January 10, 2011

As promised happy Mojo Monday :), I have no idea how I was creative after a huge birthday meal and cake but here I am. Mind you I did not stray to far from Julee's sketch.

Wonderful sketch:

My card:

I brought one of those large packs of paper from Costco, the MemorySkor ones that smell funny but have a great carrying case. Anyway, there were some great doublesided pages in the pack but other ones were just bizarre to my eyes. I ended up donating a large portion of the paper but kept some of the tamer ones for my use. This is one of those papers. It worked out well I think.

I stamped the stars from the There She goes- Bit of Stardust clear stamp set, I cut them out and coated them with Versamark and embossed them with Stampin Stuff- Detailed Black. I tried the same with these little plastic stars but well, the tips started to curl a little so I had to be careful :). In the end it turned out.

I used this gorgeous ribbon that I found hidden in my ribbon drawer, from certain angles it looks brown from others black, so for this post it is black.


Supplies: Natural Ivory and black cardstock, Designer Paper-Double sided MemorySkor,Stampendous-Happy Birthday, There She Goes-Bit of Stardust, Spellbinders-Classic Oval Large, Pink Pebbles-Black Candy Dots, misc star stickers, misc ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. I am so taken by your distressed look and the faded color combo. Really draws attention to the dark accented elements. Your oval wordart almost looks beveled.

    Nice, Sis!

    Love ya,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Nina!! It is so clean and simple looking. I tend to like these type of cards myself when i make mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with these girls ..wow I love the look. I always forget to say what I used to make my cards ...I love that paper Nina ...I must go hunting for some. Have a great week.

    hugs

    (bet it was an awesome dinner and cake )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really well done. It turned out beautifully. The colours really work and the distressed look is perfect.

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good afternoon Nina :)
    Your cards are lovely!! I love stopping in to see what you have done.:)
    Thanks so much for stopping by again.LOVE your visits!!!!
    Yes..I made the card using the elements etc that I have collected from digi designers.Just print them out,cut and attach..add some glitter where needed etc.:)If I had stamps etc ..I used them too.I went card crazy this year for Christmas and will only have to do half the work this coming year because I have left overs.hehe So happy you like yours!!:)
    Oh..about my collection....the family knows what to get me for Birthday's,Mother's Day and Christmas!!..and anything in between.LOL Christy and I are the easiest to buy for.:)

    Huge hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete