January 15, 2011

Nothing is harder then saying goodbye to someone you love, I think this sentiment says so much. We have a friend who lost some one who was very dear to them recently, this was what I found worked best on her card.

I have accumulated a ton of Designer paper from dollar stores over the last few years, for the most part I flip on by them or give them away. This one, which really, I am not sure why I brought in the first place jumped out at me yesterday. I immediately had an idea in my head and it turned out better then I could ever expected.

This card is all about layers, I wanted the roses that edged the paper to be visible with each layer. They make pretty focal points and I wanted there to be a few and to flow together. I typed the sentiment out with Word, my printer was not happy when I wanted to print the sentiment but in the end I got what I needed. I finished it it off with brass brad and a pretty flower.

I used this great tutorial from Splitcoast on how to make flowers from ribbon. It was supper easy, and made me pretty happy with myself when I made it work.



Supplies: Natural Ivory and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Unknown, Making Memories Copper Brad, Hero Arts Lace Ribbon, Microsoft Word.

Cheers,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lil Sis,

    Your card is stunning. Don't you love it when everything just comes together perfectly? Then it does not matter how much supplies cost or where they come from... they just WORK!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutley beautiful!!! i liked how the layers were offset from one another...it sure does help make the roses stand out rather then being covered up by the next set of layers. Another great job as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Nina ..what a beautiful card...you have done everything you had hope to do ...the roses the layers all of it coming together... and the finishing touches the words your very own made flower...your friend will tresure it in this moment and time. Thanks for sharing this with us ...awesome card

    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete