June 19, 2011

I have a friend who competed in a Triathlon today, such an amazing feat. I was not able to cheer her on, so I made a card instead to give to her with some fabulous chocolate. I have high hopes for forgiveness :). Chocolate can fix lots :).

This is also the first time I am trying a challenge with Clean & Simple Stamping. This is the sketch:


I know I know, I am still working on the simple part, but I really like how the card turned out. I have had a few Recycled Mat Pads from K&Company for years but have not used them, today I made the whole card with pages from the Lilac Lavender pad (well with the exception of the card base).

I really don't use my Slice enough, this image I thought, is perfect. I cut it out twice in hopes of making a 2-D image but it turned out to look like two ladies running together or maybe a shadow but either of those work ok too.

I made a slight boo boo with the stamped sentiment which is why I re-stamped it and added it as an an additional sentiment box. I added the floss and pearls to add a girly touch, which my friend will appreciate. I also ended up adding a little more glitz using my Gelly Roller-Clear star pen to add sparkle in the center of some of the flowers.

Supplies: Cream cardstock, K&Company-Remake Lilac Lavender Mat Pack, Slice-Think Pink,Purple-Embroidery floss, Recollections-Pearls, Clear Star Gelly roller.

Cheers,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. I did not get to proof :( haha, you do fine without me. Ah well.

    I LOVE your card, I might have to run a race to recieve a card and chocolate - both things are wonderful! Well, the choc is temporary but I have my little collection of sister cards I paw through now and again ;)

    And your slice is pretty cool - one day I want a machine too. *snort*

    Love you with all my ♥
    Big Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY nice!!! Love the purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment for me.:)

    LOVE this card too!:)Great job!!
    I too need to get a machine!!Prolly a treadmill after all that chocolate.hehe JK.:)

    Huge hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very special card and your friend will cherish it forever. My husband is an athlete as are many of our friends. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete