July 21, 2011

The sun is out, and it is fabulous. While a good portion of Canada has high temps, we in Victoria have seen gloomy days. This morning as I did my morning trek to work in the chilly.. yes chilly, morning air I was mentally grumbling. The days seem shorter, the sun going down a little earlier and not waking up as early and I feel that Mother Nature is not being over friendly to us. We are missing out a little on what I would normally call summer.

Enough negative grumblings, I have high hopes for a long summer well into October.

I needed a little gift card holder for a party we are attending this weekend, I adapted from a cute little card that Kim Teasdale gave a tutorial on last fall. This one is a little bigger but still a nice size at about 3 1/2 by 4.

The picture does not show all the layers that I used to make the house, I love how this turned out. In the end the group decided on money rather then a gift card (Ikea wanted to charge $11 for shipping it). I put a $20 bill in there to test :).

I embossed the DP with a Cuttlebug folder to add texture. The windows all have Diamond Glaze on them to give them a glass look.


Supplies:Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Recollections, The Stamps of Life-houses4us, Recollections gems, misc ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina

2 comments: