August 21, 2011

One more post for today, I think this has to be a record for me however I might forget if I don't post a card right away.

This is for 365 Card Challenge Day 174-Super Sketchy Sunday. This sketch makes me think masculine card so that is what I did.


I am not sure what dimensions are expected but I made mine approximately 4 1/2 by 4 1/2. There are tons and tons of layers here, from bottom to top there are 12 all together but I love how it turned out.

In addition to layers I also did a little embossing. The center piece us a fabulous stamp from The Stamps of Life, I used Versacolor Pinecone and clear embossing powder. I though it would be a little darker but I am happy with the end result I did however add an additional sentiment.

The buttons of course are embossed and have gold filament embroidery thread in them.


My sister Barb will be so proud of me for attempting a macro shot.


I don't remember a day or even a weekend when I have had so much craft time. I has been fabulous.

Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Hot of the Press, The Stamps of Life-sentiments4circles, Stampin' Up!-Birthday Whimsy, misc punches, embroidery floss.

Cheers,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. Sister IS proud of you, a macro, HA!

    Its taking me so long to comment on all your lovely cards/posts that I will be a day behind and a dollar short. Sheesh, you little crafting queen. You amaze me with how quickly and professionally you pull your little works of art together.

    Can't wait to see your next one, where is it huh,huh & huh.

    I love all the glossy/shiny pieces to your masterpiece, gorgeous.

    ♥ u Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the 365 Cards sketch, love the paper you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous card! I think i would have to agree with you on the sketch.
    I don't think there is ever a sketch that throws you for a loop...you always know just what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 layers!! good grief girl this is STUNNING :) fab take on the sketch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es tan bonita y elegante!
    Un gran trabajo con el sketch, gracias por jugar con nosotros.

    ReplyDelete