February 17, 2012

Playing In Paradise # 54

Happy Friday, a quick post today for the new Playing in Paradise Challlenge. This week the challenge is to use Stitching  Real or Faux.




I wanted to make this a masculine card but the DP ended being a little more bright then I expected even with the layers textured and rubbed with brown ink. I even dragged out my sewing machine from the depts of my closet, I think it has a tension problem though because the tread bunched in behind. In the end the card has a worn leathery look.


Stop by the Playing in Paradise blog to see the fabulous design team creations.

Supplies: Natural Ivory and brown cardstock, Designer Paper - Basic Grey, TPC-Cardmaking-Happy Birthday, Making Memories buckle, Candy Dots, misc ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina



4 comments:

  1. Good morning Nina:)
    I have looked with awe at ALL of your recent cards (since my last visit here) and really LOVE them ALL.:)Wish I had time to leave a comment on each one..but..that won't be today...cause Christy is off and wants to go somewhere with me.:)I especially LOVE your get well card.The umbrella keeping the weather off..is such a CUTE idea and your card would cheer anyone up.:) Sure hope YOU are feeling much better too.

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty (well, for a masculine card!). Great job on the challenge esp. with including the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it does look like leather ...love how you did the Happy Birthday. Another awesome card. Have a great day.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the look of it and i think it turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete