March 3, 2013

Cas(E) this Sketch! #17

It is a stunning day here in Victoria with the sun shining and all the spring blossoms in bloom.  The 37th annual flower count is on so I though with the pretty Daff's in my garden smiling away it is what I will use as my inspiration for this weeks Cas(E) this Sketch!



I should be making some cards that need to be popped in the mail but I was distracted :).

I heat embossed the Daffodils with black embossing powder then fussy cut them out, I coloured them with my Tombow markers. I stamped the patterns for the two die cut shapes then added a little ink to the edges. I heat embossed the sentiment then finished with some twine and a button.



Supplies: Natural White and green card stock, Designer Paper-Echo Park, Verve-Birthday Phrases, Technique Tuesday-Stems(Jan2013),The Alley Way Stamps-Cover Ups,  twine, button, Spellbinders.

Cheers,

Nina

6 comments:

  1. Those flowers are so sweet and I love the subtle text background too!
    Thanks for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. Your incorporation of the sketch feels as if you came up with the sketch, rather than trying to make the card work for the sketch (if you know what I mean!) Very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of this sketch!! I love all of the patterns on the various panels - a perfect backdrop for those flowers! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Nina!! I love the fussy cut flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and elegant! Love the subtle text background and the yummy pop of bright green! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete