March 28, 2014

Easy Button

Happy Friday J, I am looking forward to 2 days off over the weekend.

I had such fun making this card, it is actually a retirement card for a friend at work. She takes care of all the background but vital stuff, she has one of those Staples easy buttons on her desk. I don’t think I have ever visited her desk without finishing our conversation by pushing on that silly button after a number of years that is just a few ‘That was easy’s’. 
 
 
This card has been brewing in my head for weeks and weeks as her Retirement day gets closer and the other day I found that easy button on my desk with a sweet little note attached and I knew that my card would be perfect.
 
I wanted a simple or basic card so I used lots of layers, I am loving my Spellbinders circle dies right now. I created the  layers base first then created my easy button. I used my Silhouette for the letters and heat embossed the top layer of the button with clear embossing powder. I have lots of foam tape between the layers to build up the button.
 
 
 
Supplies: White, black and red cardstock, Designer Paper – Crate Paper, Spellbinders.
 
Cheers,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. Nina what a awesome card and what a neat idea ...she will treasure this card ...it is so fun looking ...way to go. Thanks so much for sharing the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, this such a fun card and so perfect for your co-worker! Brilliant and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS,

    Sis - this is so cool and fun. I love your thinkin' - its so "out of the box" This makes for complete originality.

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete