March 22, 2014

Spring has Sprung

Spring may be here but it has still been chilly here over night and mother nature leaving a good layer of frost but the cherry blossoms, daffodils and crocuses are making a good show and it will be time to plant some seeds soon enough.

My sister Barb has decided to toss her crafty towel in the Family Challenge ring hot on the heels of last week’s round.  We are playing with embossing folder this time.





I had my little chickie fussy cut out but I was not sure what I was going to do with him. I used and embossing folder to add the funky texture to the upper portion of white panel, then I heat embossed the sentiment, and then added the same embossing along the bottom but with the texture reversed. I added the center panel with some twine then finally the little mr all popped up with foam tape.



Stop by Barb’s and Judy’s blogs to see what they have come up with.


Supplies: Natural white and brown cardstock, Designer Paper – Basic Grey, The Alley Way Stamps, twine

Cheers,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. aww Nina love the little chickie ..awesome job on the challenge can't wait for are next one ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Shucks Sis,

    This lil tweeter is sooooo cute!

    I like the soft pallet and all your fussy cut features.

    You make ME smile, too and I'm so happy I have ya!

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete