September 17, 2014

NBUS Challenge #2

It feels like I have not created in forever, although it was just last weekend. I hope to get some time in through this week. I created this card for my sister Barb’s birthday which was on Monday, I found some fun new stuff at Michaels that was for her gift and I decided to buy the same items to make her Birthday card with them. My stash of course J.

I will admit to loving nature colours, this 6x6 paper pack had my attention from the start. Then I saw these little butterflies and I was totally done. Needless to say the paper did all the work then I simply added the embellishments.

I am playing a long with NBUS#2, I missed the first one. This challenge is put on by Darnell Knauss, if you have not had a blog encounter with Darnell you should. She is fabulously creative and is generous and so sweet with her comments.


The post for the current challenge rings so true for me, I too have been.. urm.. acquiring supplies faster that I am using them. I might, just may be a bit of a card making supply hoarder... just maybe. It all is just so fabulous though.



Supplies: White and brown card stock, Designer Paper – My Mind's Eye, Recollections butterflies twine, gem.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nina,

    This is MY birthday card (meaning you chose this one for MY special day) I can tell you it is absolutely drop dead beautiful. It is perfectly put together and has a special place on my hearth. And in my heart. Thanks Sis!

    ♥ Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara is a lucky sister, Nina!! Your card for her is a monochromatic delight in every way! What beautiful paper and those butterflies, oh, yeah. I would have been so done, too!! In fact, I may have to drive over to my Mike's and ... sigh, the perils of holding a NBUS Challenge!! Thank you so much for playing along and for your kind compliments!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I love the papers and those butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Nina! I think we all over do on the buying. I know I do. I've started hiding my NBUS hoard. So I guess that makes me a closet hoarder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday to Barbara! I can see why your sisster loved this pretty card! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete