January 19, 2015

The Challenge #23

This is my second post this morning, please scroll down for my Merry Monday post.

I am so excited that I am a Guest Designer for The Challenge #23.




I have to admit I struggled initially fitting all these colours into what I see as a CAS sketch. This was my third attempt but I have to admit I love how it turned out.

I used my Memento Teardrop Inks on glossy paper, I added each colour then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder so they would not smudge and also to add texture. I then used the Peek a Boo dots from MTF for an overlay. I heat embossed the sentiment then used a bit of scrap to die cut the butterfly.
 


Supplies: White card stock, Inspired by Stamping –Heartfelt Gratitude,  MTF – Peek a boo dots.
 
Check out all the fabulous inspiration that the Design Team has for this challenge, don’t forget to leave comments and join in the fun and play along.
 
Thank you for stopping by,
Nina


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card, Nina! The dotty overlay looks great and proved a wonderful hint of those gorgeous colours underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Nina! I like that idea of the color behind then putting that overlay on top. Great butterfly to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina,

    How CLEVER to repeat the full on color on your butterfly and to create a peek a boo of the rest. Wonderful card, really creative.

    Have a wonderful creative week, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous! I love how you managed to include all those colours & yet ample white space - just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina, love the colors peeping through the white! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete