November 7, 2015

Coloring outside the lines

I had the opportunity to head up island and craft with a friend today, our craft time was short but fun. I am pretty much a colouring in the lines kinda gal, I like the rules too :). Lesley was making some beautiful watercolour cards and talked me into playing along.

No lines to colours in, more like fly by the seat of your pants and let the water go where is wants for this card. I am playing along and using the sketch from Viva la Verve.


I stamped the poppies on watercolour papers with distress inks then used a water pen to blur the edges a little. I added a touch a blue around the flowers. The red bled a little but I like the end result.

I popped the center panel up with foam tape and backed in with another layers of water colour paper in behind. I finished by adding the sentiment and some twine.


I will admit that Remembrance Day influenced my card once I started with the poppies. 

Supplies: Cream card stock, Designer Paper - Authentique, Verve - Poppy Birthday, twine.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Love the flag design and the pretty poppies, wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is positively fabulous! I love the watercoloring. Thanks for playing along with VLV!

    ReplyDelete