December 29, 2015

Gelatos for Christmas

A little elf gifted me with an amazing set of Gelatos for Christmas.  I have not played with them much before this, I received a yellow one in a kit from Simon Says this past year but that and the Gesso had been put off to the side for play time at a later date.

The later date turned out to be a couple of days just after Christmas. Mixed Media is not something I would put in the same sentence as instant gratification by any means. I know I have watched the videos of people using heat tools to speed the process along but I figure I would let it all play out naturally.

I cut out a number of white panels and covered them in Gesso and put them aside. When one was dry this is what I did with it. I used a script font and heat embossed on to the panel with white embossing powder. I then used a mix of 4 colours of Gelatos and blended them with my fingers.



I held the panel at an angle and did a single spritz with black fireworks. I heat embossed the sentiment then used Gelatos and a little water to add some matching colour. I popped up the panel and finished with some metallic coloured sequins.

Supplies: White card stock, Inkadinkado - Thank you words, Stampendous - Faded Text Background, Faber Castell - Gelatos, Fireworks - Tuxedo Black, sequins.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sis,

    SO glad you liked the Gelatos - you have done them justice. This card is even nicer in real life than your picture shows. I like the embossed lettering in behind, it feels nice! Your color choices are gentle and elegant.

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete