October 27, 2016

Wonderful Birthday and craft room

I seem to be in this double sided, simple layer phase. I will admit to having an obsession with 6 x 6 paper pads, especially ones with double-sided prints. I created this card a while back but I still seem to be following this pattern.

I used simple layers adding a thin cardstock mat behind my DP. I popped up the sentiment with foam tape and finished with some sequins.


Supplies: White and brown cardstock, Designer Paper - Teresa Collins, Penny Black - Sprinkles and Smiles, sequins.

I revamped my craft room this past summer, I have had a couple of people ask to see what I have changed. Selfishly I wanted to wait until my sis had come for a visit so she had first peek.  I am not going to post all the pictures at once.. there has to be a little mystery :).

I have been procrastinating about a change to my space for a couple of years, but it was all talk and not a lot of action.  I was invited to a revealing of another craft room and I won a consultation from Orca Organizing. Wanda was fabulous, I had a good idea of how I wanted the layout of my room to look but she gave me some great ideas like creating zones in my room.

That pretty much spurred me into action, I did not want to be embarrassed by my space so of course I had to do some changes before my meeting. It is a little like cleaning the house before the housekeeper comes. Crazy I know.

I had designed what I wanted the craft room to look like with the help of the room design app from Ikea, it helped that all the furniture that I was going to purchased was from there and some of the storage units I already owned are from Ikea. 

So first off here are a couple of pictures of 1 of the bookshelves I had, I had it for over 20 years and its was not the best to begin with. This one held stamps and a variety of cube inks in small draw units and well as paper pad and random other things. The bottom was all tech stuff which was banished from the room as it was transformed.

I did not like having my supplies on display  so my goal was to find cabinets or shelves with doors. I found these beautiful ones at Ikea (Billy/Morliden), even through they were not as deep as the previous bookshelves I was determined. This is were one of the zones come into play, stamps..

These suckers are heavy, we had to secure them to the wall first off. I found the cutest little hangers that are perfect for displaying cards. The glass fronts are made so that you can put something in behind them, wallpaper or whatever but my room is mostly white so I left them as is.


Don't judge me... This is many years of collecting stamps. I used InterDesign Fridge bins, I started with Ikea Variera box which worked great but the rounded edges limited how many I could use per shelf. The InterDesign ones are a perfect fit for the stamps.  I love that I can pull out a bin or two when I am creating a card then the whole think just get put back in its place.

I like using original packaging where I can and I like to store them by manufacturer rather than theme. I have clear and cling on the top selves, wooden near the bottom. I used a label maker for labeling the bins.

I have some of my coloured cardstock on the bottom and my spellbinders on the bottom right.


See you soon with some more pictures.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. I came for Merry Monday but got distracted by the craft room photos. It looks awesome and well organized. Srly, though, you need more stamps! I love to look at craft rooms and everyone seems to have way less stamps than me...... catch up people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ...bet you love your new craft room ....and so organized

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sis,

    Your area is truly impressive. With any cost etc aside, not everyone could pull it together so nicely and efficiently Its so functional, bright and a place to escape to. You HAVE been collecting and creating for years, plus you are wise in being able to suss out which supplies you like and work for you and are smart enough to destash and turn it over into things you actually use. Your room is YOU - and I hope it serves you for many years to come. I like how bright it is! I loved being "first" in your crazy crafty area.

    ReplyDelete