November 1, 2016

Awesome Birthday and the tour continues..

We had a good number of trick or treaters last night, I love seeing all the costumes. We left picking up a pumpkin till the very last moment.. We are usually much better at planning. We ended up with these itty bitty little pumpkins that fit in the palm of my hand, I lined them up along the railing and no one seemed to care that we did not carve one.

In between knocks and the doorbell I actually made a card. My Saturday was suppose to be this wonderful creative day, instead I spent hrs sorting my scraps. I found some great DP bits and I figured out I have tons of neutral coloured pieces of cardstock which are now in separate storage so I can take advantage. So this card is made from the scrap bins.

I love layers, it makes for easy cards. This DP is double-sided so that adds to the easy. I heat embossed the sentiment and added foam tape between each layer. I found this cool ribbon in the scrap bin too and it matched so I used it :). I finished with sequins.

Supplies: White and black card stock, Designer Paper Best Creation Inc, Hot off the Press - Birthday Cheer, sequins.

Now onto the tour - this is my fabulous primary desk, I had planned to get one made with all cabinets/drawers under it. When we were at Ikea (a sip of coffee or wine for every mention of Ikea over my last few posts :)) anyhow.. Husband spotted this desk, I prefer to stand when I craft so this Skarsta sit/stand desk is perfect. I am taller and this desk lifts high enough to accommodate my long legs.

I found the Micke drawer set that fits under it nicely, even if I was to lower the desk. I also found this very cool Janinge stool that allows me to sit at my desk should I want to, it will lower or raise up a good span. The Micke and Janinge fit under the desk so they are not in the way. I hide my trimmer and paper cutter on top of the draw set, which is super easy to reach.



I ordered this high quality architects lamp which adds direct light to what I am working on. I have the same bulb in both the ceiling fixture and the lamp for consistency.
On my desk I have my Boon, wire letter holder, scrap bin and self healing mat.

I found these Projs desk pads at the same time I found the desk and they work fabulously under my self healing mats to give a little extra protection to the desks.


A little high level view of a clean work space, and although I usually have a couple of extra items on my desk I typically have it pretty clean between projects. I used Stampin' Up! grid paper over my mats, it cleans up easy and I just fold them up and pop in the recycle bin. The lamp is hiding it but I have small square glass bowl that I store my Absorber in, best clean up item ever.

My new desk is so much more spacious than before, this was my work surface on the old desk, cramped and not a lot of leg room.


That is the card and tour for today,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment