January 10, 2020

Birthday climb

It's my son's birthday today so this card is for him. 

He had been climbing for a while now, the mom in me hopes he never tries the climb on the card but I liked the image. 

I made the frame below to go with it. I have a series of images from his first outdoor rock climb to add.



The card is very quick and simple to put together. I took a free vector image from the interwebs and adjusted it to grey in Picasa then added some artistic effects and an edge before printing it out. I then added a layer fo black cardstock and mounted it on a card base.

 I heat embossed the sentiment in white on black then popped it up with foam tape. I finished with Nuvo drops.

Supplies: White and black cardstock, Clearly Besotted - Miniature Type, Silhouette image - Free Pik, Nuvo drops.


The frame is a wood board from Walmart that I cut in half, I added gesso then some acrylic paint. I tied a few mixed medium options before taking it all off and just using paint and a couple small add-in (die cuts and small gravel). I am using small clips to hold the photos, I used screws to attach them.



Happy Friday,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment