May 12, 2020

Tuesday Morning Sketches #554 - Thinking of you

I may have gone a little overboard with this card I just kept layering elements, but I do like the end result. I am playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches.



I started by using a background stamp and creating two panels with a script on them. I used one to die cut the butterfly and the other for the main panel. I added a round mask then I used distress inks to add colour.

I used a stencil after that was mostly dry to add some Nuvo Mousse in Tuscan Gold and Mustard Seed (bronze).

I die cut the butterfly on the second panel of cardstock with script print on it and added some distress ink and then die cut a second one out of vellum. I added a layer of foam tape between the layers of the butterfly body to give it a little lift. I heat embossed the sentiment in white on brown cardstock and finished with a gem on the butterfly body.



You can see the masked circle behind the butterfly and if you look closely you can see the script on the butterfly wings.

Supplies: White and brown cardstock, vellum, Penny Black - Script, Kaisercraft - Birch, Butterfly - KFF0010, Hero Arts - CL342, gem, Nuvo Expanding Mousse.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. Nina, this is awesome. I love the way you masked the circle to follow the sketch. It is so subtle but effective. Beautiful butterfly and great job on embossing the sentiment. It was wonderful visiting your blog to get all the details. Debi TMS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love this, Nina!! All of your elements work together to make a gorgeous card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Nina. Great background and very delecate butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nina, this is gorgeous! I love the vintage look and that butterfly is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful! I love the butterfly and background paper. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete