May 14, 2020

Wonderful Friends

Good Morning all, I had a lovely evening with some crafty like-minded people last night for a fabulous little demo.

Apparently, I am not very good at following directions, I had all the pre-prep done but when it came to putting it all together and following along with the tutorial that idea all fell apart. While the rest of the group was studiously gluing their cards together I was scrambling to cut panels.

In the end, it all worked out and I loved seeing what everyone created.



On to the card with a fun fold. I placed an order from Peachy Cheap a while back and it arrived late last week, I have had it sitting on my desk just waiting to be used. It includes a paper pad, stamps, embellishments and ephemera.

With the base precut, we scored in the folds. I added the designer paper panel to the base panel. I moved on to the supporting panel, and this was my first error, I thought I heard score at 3 1/6 when it should have 3 and then 6 (insert head shake here) but my  Teflon bone folder to the rescue and 3 1/6 score was pretty much erased.



I moved on to decorating those panels and.. well more scrambling to cut some DP for those, I like how that turned out and I was able to use multiple pages and patterns from the paper pad for the different panels. I realized as I did that though that I had not left a panel to write on. I will figure that out.

Back to the main panel, I added designer paper to the remaining to panels and glued on the supporting panel.  The card was mostly put together at that point so I decorated using ephemera (popped up with foam tape) and epoxy sticker sentiments, I finished using some gold half pearls to match the gold on the moth.

Supplies: White and brown cardstock, Designer Paper, ephemera, epoxy stickers - Pink Paislee, gold gems.

Thank you Crystal Flanagan-Johnson for the fun tutorial.

Cheers,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment