June 16, 2020

Happy Birthday

I attended another fabulous craft tutorial last night, I can definitely see myself using this fold for additional cards in the future.

I did struggle with how thick my frame was but I will know to create that differently the next time. It did not help that I had an idea in my head for the card and has prepped for that idea but when it came to putting it all together I switched my mind all together so I play catch up through the whole tutorial.

I do like how it turned out so let get to the details. My apologies for the photos, that was not working in my favour this evening.


The first steps were to create the frame, my first error was that my cardstock was not heavyweight, it did not matter that it was four layers thick it still was a little flimsy. That was also due to how thin I created the frame.

The front panels were next and those were easy, I added some black cardstock to the designer paper. The focal panel was also quick to put together, white cardstock and  I stamped the sentiment and image with my Misti, I added a layer of black cardstock in behind.

The inside is a simple panel, also with a layer of black cardstock. There was just a little too much white space for my liking so I added some grunge ink spots in light gray ink.



Supplies: White and black cardstock, Designer Paper - Brutus Monroe, Gina K Designs - My Anchor, Stampin'! Up Gorgeous Grunge, Simon says Stamp - Stitched Rectangles, Hero Arts - Infinity Dies.

Thank you Crystal for another fantastic tutorial.

Thank you for stopping by,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment