October 17, 2020

Brown Buck Birthday

It is a perfect day to spend a little time in my craft room. I needed a masculine birthday card so that is what I tackled first. As I was digging through my stash of die cuts for something I ran across a packet of Framelits from Sizzix, the Happy Fall one to be precise.

I liked the way the die cuts were lined up in the packaging and thought that is a great sketch to follow.

I started with a larger frame die and cut out a layer of brown cardstock, the die cuts all have an embossing edge so I ran that through my die cut machine again to get the embossing to deepen.  I then used the next size to die cut a panel of patterned paper that fits inside of the larger one.

 
I then die-cut the third panel and the circle at the same time and added some foam tape to the panel and tucked the circle inside. I die cut the buck head and added some wood grain embossing to it then added some foam tape to pop it up. I stamped the sentiment and I finished the card with some Nuvo drops.

Supplies: White and brown cardstock, Designer Paper - Honey Bee, Sizzix - Happy Fall Framelit, American Crafts  - Open Book die-cut, Clearly Besotted - Mini Messages, Nuvo Drops.

Happy Saturday,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment