May 1, 2021

Birthday Wishes

I can hear the soft potato potato of the motorbike headed up the driveway as I type, Mother nature had blessed my fabulous husband with a perfect morning to take a ride on his Harley for his Birthday.

That is the theme this year, orange and black, I love how this card turned out, my husband loves it. I will attempt to keep the theme going on a cake later today... to be continued....

The photo is a little dark, but I love that all the details are displayed.

I started with a gray cardstock layer then added a layer of black. I used a couple of orange and black Infusions on watercolour paper to get the distressed background. I made sure to leave some grainy and gritty areas.

I was not sure the background stamp would leave a good impression with all the background texture but I was impressed with how well it turned out. I added some paint splatter in black, silver and white to add to the effect.

I embossed some silver cardstock then used a sanding block to distress it and added little Infusions, this gave the two silver panels a rusted chrome look which I put onto the black cardstock layer. 

I used foam tape to secure the top panel. I stamped the sentiment then used a scrap from the distressed panel to rough it up a little and add some colour before I layered it with black then gray cardstock.

I finished the card with some half pearls that were the closest to chrome rivets as I could get.

Supplies: White, gray, black and silver cardstock, Stampendous - Motorcycle 
Element, DRS - Happy Birthday, Infusions, pearls.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina


No comments:

Post a Comment