January 1, 2022

Happy New Year

Happy New Year - Welcome 2022.

I thought I would jump into making a card on the first day of the year. At some point in 2021, I said I was going to try and use supplies before buying new stuff, I did, but I also lied.. oh did I lie. To be fair I blame the enablers, Amazon, Simon Says Stamp, Stampers, Paper and Ink Boutique, this list could get very long so I best stop there.

The truth of the matter is, I have lots to work with so let's get started. My most recent obsessions have been watercolours, mica powders and washi tape. Do any of you have any of that in your craft space stash, yeah me too, so I pulled out some supplies and I am starting with using washi tape.

I had a good supply of washi tape already, I certainly did not need to purchase anymore, that however, did not stop me from happy clicking on the buy button. That said, what do you use washi tape for? I have made a few cards in the past which I was really happy with but I am always looking for inspiration. So, off I went to the great library of YouTube, this is where I found a video by Teresa Morgan. The card idea I used is not my own, I am using the first card in the washi tape cards video as my template. I plan to try each of the ideas from the video in the near future.

I adhered strips of washi tape in horizontal and diagonal design across a panel of cardstock. I did not have a metallic strip of gold washi so I created them from mirror gold cardstock. I die-cut some leaves then backed them with foam tape, I did the same with the sentiment strip. I finished the card with some black Nuvo drops and mounted the panel to a card base with some foam tape.

This card was quick, simple and fun to make, I can definitely see using this as a template again.

Supplies: White and gold cardstock, Sizzix - Sizzlits Little Leaves, Simon Says Stamp - Reverse All the Thanks (Sentiment Strips), Sopcone - Washi Tape, Nuvo drops.

Did you know: A greeting card is touched an average of 25 times before it is brought.

Hmmm, that little fact makes me appreciate all my crafty friends and their handmade treasures evening more.

Happy New Year all, wishing you all the best for the new adventure of 2022.

Cheers,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment