March 21, 2023

Thanks

Two birds one scone for my card today, I am playing along with Tuesday Morning sketches and I also tried the floating strips technique.

Disclaimer I am not entirely happy with my card, it looks too busy, and it took forever to make but I had fun while I did it. 

So I may or may not have received some Washi tape in the mail yesterday, I am not admitting to buying any because I don't need it but when it magically landed on my craft desk I could not wait to peal and stick.


I started by cutting a panel and running it through my big shot with a texture plate. I then used some sentiment strip dies to cut washi tape and cardstock strips.
 
I die cut a acetate oval and applied a thin washi tape in a pattern. I laid out the flag pieces and adhered them them over laid the vertical strip using some foam tape. I added foam tape to the oval piece then added the lorelai leaf branch.
 
I die cut the sentiment three times to give it dimension. I added some black half pearls to finish.

Supplies: White, green and black cardstock, Memory Box - Pinpoint Leaf plate, and Lorelai Leaf,  Simon Says Stamp - Thanks Frame, Washi tape, pearls.

Did you know: In 1830, the average American was consuming 1.7 bottles of hard liquor per week.

Happy Crafting,
Nina  

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I wonder how big the bottles were lol!! Sorry your fun little tidbit had me sidetracked. :) I think your card turned out really cool!! I will have to give that technique a try! Always wonderful having you create with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches Nina!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Love all the textures Thanks for joining at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's too busy! It's beautiful!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would like to know the size of those bottles also. Of course, the drinking water was sometimes nasty back then unless you were near a fresh water spring.
    See, it doesn't take much for our creative minds to wander. Glad you stayed on track while making your card. It is very nice. Not busy to me. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge and for taking the time to visit our blogs! Big Hug! Debi TMS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! This card is amazing! Looks like roman shutters, which are my fave! Great colors. Love LOVE love this card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete