May 13, 2011

Happy Friday, I am looking forward to this weekend so much. I am hoping for sunny skies for some much needed gardening.


A family member had cataract surgery this week. I thought this cheery bright card would make her smile. I have been leaving these K&Company Designer Papers at the top of my pile for a while now but not sure what to do with them exactly and I am happy with the way the card turned out.

I embossed the image with clear embossing powder so that I could do a resist with the Versacolor’s that matched the paper and cardstock, the resist is brighter than the image shows. I love the way this soft mesh ribbon curls, it give the card a soft look. I finished with Hero Arts dots and a pearl.


Have a great weekend.

Supplies: Cream and Green, Designer Paper- K&Company, Inkadinkado- Everyday Expressions, Spellbinders-Lacey Circles, Hero Arts-Dots, Kaiser Craft pearls, misc ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Nina! That ribbon is cute and love that it can be curled. I really like K&Company's paper....I find Walmart actually carries nicer paper packs then Micheal's does....being those are the only 2 places here in Kamloops to buy Scrapbooking stuff.

    Have a great weekend and I hope you get your sunny skies :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is going to love this card ...love the colors ,,and I agree with Sam the ribbon is so cute and love how you can shape it . Well I hope you get those sunny skies. And relax and enjoy and maybe build a couple of awesome cards. And yes don't forget that gardening..have a great one.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the ribbon for your card - its unique adn is a perfect fit for the feel. The gems are gorgeous - have not see these before! I'm sure the recipient will treasure your card.

    Love,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Nina and I am sure the recipient felt soo much better after receiving it.:)How sweet!!
    Hope you have had that beautiful weekend you had hoped for!:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete