August 14, 2011

After a side trip to visit more family and friends I am back in the Okanagan for one more day with my Sister and it is a perfect day weather wise for a couple of sisters to craft.

We have been doing challenges left and right and the one that I will post today is from Stamp Something , this challenge is the Dog Days of Summer - See this excerpt from the site. "This week we are celebrating the Dog Days of Summer and would like to see your creations using dog or summer images, papers, etc. you can make a card or scrapbook page or even an altered item."

I had grand visions of using a fabulous hammock stamp but in the end I made the card almost simple. I used some designer paper I picked up from Michaels and added layers to the card. I then stamped multiple sentiments from my island2visit stamp set and layered them at different heights with foam tape. I finished with a little string wrapped around a section and a couple of circles I embossed with clear embossing powder. The top one has the cutest little sea star stamped on it I also separated them with foam tape.


Supplies: Cream and Blue cardstock, Designer Paper-, The Stamps of Life-island2visit, misc blue twine, clear embossing powder.

I head back home tomorrow, vacation time is almost over :(. I am hoping to get a little time to return comments and visit some blogs I have missed while vacationing over the last couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. LilSis,

    It has been FABULOUS to have you here, dragged down to my little craft lair and play. I fit more creativity into this past week than the entire rest of the year I am sure. You're pretty easy to be with except when you make me ROFTL in the kitchen!

    I hope you have a nice trip home, safe and sound so we can start the calendar counting down for next year.

    Love you with all my heart
    BSister

    PS - NICE card. It must have been inspired by our beach days, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Nina! Love the paper...it almost makes you feel like you are there.
    Another job well done.
    I hope your travel home is safe and look forward to seeing a mojo once you get settled back in at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Nina:)
    SO happy you had a terrific time with your sister.:)Sooo COOL that you could spend time crafting together too!! :)
    I LOVE your card!! How AWESOME!!:)I can see...I need to try a LOT harder on mine.hehe

    Huge hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete