August 10, 2011

Happy mid-week, I am having such a wonderful vacation. This morning was a little shopping downtown, then to a few wineries to stock up. I tend to buy a good number of bottles of wine to take home to my husband and we taste them together. Barb and Miles are ever so patient with my as I rattle of my little list of wineries I would like to visit. Every year there seems to be new ones popped up, I have to admit I like the more established ones.

Love this beautiful hot weather, we have spend some quality time down by the lake. There is a storm coming and I am hoping to see some lightning over the lake this afternoon. We don't get much lightning on Vancouver Island so I love a good lighting storm.

Now for a card, I managed to get one done for Clean and Simple Stamping. I made this earlier in the week with my sister Barbs supplies and I think I did ok :).

This is such a fabulous sketch please see Clean and Simple Stamping-FLT152. Again thank you Barb for your fabulous picture taking of my card.


I used my Stamps of Life-friends4ever stamp set for the leaves, I cut them out and embossed them with clear embossing powder. I used 2 layers for the 2D look. I also used this stamp set to enhance the die cut that my sister made with her Silhouette.

I added twine to go with the button and finished with some gems. I am sure I made this a little more complicated then simple but I had such fun making it.


Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Memory Skor, The Stamps of Life-friends4ever and getwell2you, misc button,gems and twine.

We found two wonderful craft stores in Kelowna and I ended up spending a little more money then expected, but I don't feel an ounce of guilt and I can't wait to dive in and start using all my new treasures.

Cheers,
Nina

Cheers,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Great card Nina! I think one day i will have to try that clear embossing powder as you seem to use it alot and it adds such a nice final touch on everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nina,
    I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
    Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete