October 5, 2012

Playing in Paradise #87

Happy Friday everyone, I am so excited for this Thanksgiving long weekend. I am not cooking this year, I think that will feel a little wierd but I can't say I will miss all the work that goes into the big 'feast'.  My husband and son will be scattered to the winds this weekend but I am getting to visit with family that I have not seen in a while and for that I am Thankful.
 
Enough about me, after all 'It is all about the Cards' :). We have a new Playing in Paradise challenge for you today, Allison has created one of her fabulous sketches for us.
 
PPC87
  
I have to admit I struggled with this sketch a little, the base of the card sat for days as I tried to figure out how I wanted to add the elements. When I finally thought I had finished the card, it was just the squares. My sister said they brought to mind Happy Happy Happy when she saw them(squares), which then triggered the idea in my head for the little buttons and the candy dots... cards really should not have drama :)

Anyway... I used lots of layers, this DP is from Bazzill Basics - Timeless Multipack one of my 6x6 paper pad finds in the online Scrapbooker's Paradise store that I was determined to use. I used square and circle punches and finished with candy dots, and a clock charm and twine.

Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Bazzill Basics, misc circle and square punches, twine, candy dots and misc charm.

Be sure to stop by the Scrapbooker's Paradise Pondering blog to take a look at all the wonderful projects that the Challenge team have created. For my Canadian visitors have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving weekend.

**Reminder** join it the challenge, there are great prizes each and every week.**
 
Cheers,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the charm- the perfect addition to the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little card work, terrific hanging clock. I love clock works. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fabby card! I think you nailed this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clock - so corny to say it but they are a timeless trend. (Ba-dum-dum!)
    And I hear you on the drama ;) Sometimes these things are challenging! Happy Thanksgiving - I'm cooking for the first time in years, so yikes!

    ReplyDelete