February 27, 2013

Dryer Sheet fun :)

I have not been very craft inspired these past couple of weeks, so I was making my way though some crafty type videos for ideas when I found THIS :). THIS is a fun technique video using dryer sheets.

I challenged my sister Barb and my sister in-law Judy to learn this technique with me.

As with any new technique it ran me through the hoops :). My first hiccup was using Easy Tack repositionable adhesive rather than something a little more permanent,  I needed to add some glue to stop the dryer sheet from ... re positioning :).

Then there is the glitter, always fun in my hands... my husband is quite fascinated that there is sparkles all the way down to the garage, and he is still not sure if he likes glittered garbage cans and recycle bins.



Anyway.. I sprayed the easy tack, laid down the dryer sheet then added the glitter. I let this dry then tapped of off the extra glitter, I went one step further and gave the panels a quick spray of sealer. I heat embossed the sentiment, added the flourish and finished with a wide sheer ribbon.

I love the texture, and all the fun sparkle, here is a close up picture. 



Please stop by Barb and Judy's blogs to see what they have created using this same technique.

Supplies: Natural White and black card stock, Designer Paper-Authentique, Technique Tuesday-Stems, ribbon, glitter.

I would like to try this technique with a winter scene, I will wait though until glitter no longer makes its presence known.. everywhere. Although it is fun to see the odd bits of glitter decorating my honey's face now and again.

Cheers,
Nina

7 comments:

  1. awesome ...thank you so much for the challenge. Love the card Nina ..thank you for sharing ...and when is our next challenge :)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY card Sis! I can just see you going to work with glitter all over you and trying to deny you partied all night haha!

    The black/pink combo is very tasteful and your closeup shot is terrific!

    Thanks for sharing this technique with us, I for sure know I'll be doing it again!

    Loves u!
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me smile with your glitter talk, my DH said I had some on me today from my card yesterday, I'd been shopping like that!!! I love this idea and I can't wait to see your winter version. Hugs Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, glitter does tend to show up everywhere after use, doesn't it. So happy I followed the link from your sister's blog. Love that card and all the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried this technique! This is really pretty though. Maybe I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your card and the dryer sheet technique too.COOL! I will need to come back to catch up on your blog.Christy (DD) has this weekend off and is going to take me shopping.:) She's already asking me when I want to go...which actually means...start getting ready.LOL

    Huge hugs my friend!
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love that die cut and ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete