December 2, 2013

Merry Monday #86

It is time for a new  Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge, and Lesley's has another lovely image for inspiration today.
 
 
I have had all the supplies to create something using the chalkboard technique for a while but I have not used it much. As I created this simple card I wondered why not because I love how it turned out.
 
I embossed the sentiment on chalkboard cardstock with Winter Wonderland embossing powder which is white with specs of silver. I added some silver twine and silver gems to finish.
 
 
 
 
Supplies: Natural white and black card stock, Designer Paper-Echo Park, Woodware - Heartfelt Christmas Wish, twine, gems, embossing powder.
 
Stop by Lesley's blog  and see what the Design Team has created and play along with us for Merry Monday this week.
 
Cheers,
Nina 


11 comments:

  1. I love your clean chalkboard, Nina! Great design with the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina. Love the shape of your chalkboard sentiment ... and the rhinestones make it sparkle. The candy-cane striped DP is so pretty and it's fabulous how you've used it two directions. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect CAS card with the festive paper and the sentiment. Great seeing you yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Nina.....love the simplicity of this, because that sentiment says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever to flip the strips on your DSP, Nina. It really draws the eye to your fabulous sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool design to me, Nina, cause I adore stripes! Your candy cane stripes are the perfect backdrop for your awesome chalkboard label!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! The peppermint DP is a wonderful BG for the chalkboard sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how that one strip of paper breaks the diagonal lines and gives such a pleasing pattern! A wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nina you have used the stripes so effectively. They are such a wonderful backdrop for your delightful chalkboard sentiment. Love the wee silver trim too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous CAS design Nina, I love the sentiment and the chalkboard shape you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your chalkboard card, Nina! It goes beautifully with your red striped paper! Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete