January 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas - January 2020


Hi all, welcome to the first Keeping Christmas blog hop of 2020.




I love how this card turned out, all that gold embossing makes me happy. I love heat embossing, but sometimes it just does not like me, this time it worked perfectly.

I had a jar of brand new Gina K Design Fine Detail gold and I just jumped in. I added the sentiment first.

Next, I then taped off the edges of the panel, covering the stitching. I used the background stamp with my Misti. I then stamped the buck scene on another piece of cardstock and fussy cut it out once it was cooled. I added foam tape to the back before using it to hold in place some fine gold filament twine.


I finished the card by popping up the full panel and adding some gold sequins.

Supplies: Brown and kraft cardstock, DRS Designs – Merry Christmas, Penny Black – Script, Stampendous-Buck Scene, sequins, gold twine.

Be sure to stop by everyone’s stop on the hop; there is some fabulous inspiration.

Kelly Lunceford (Creator)
Nina Forsyth – You are Here 😉


Thanks for visiting,
Nina

6 comments:

  1. This is a great looking card!! I love that handsome looking buck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great take for a masculine looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant card Nina! I love the black and gold! That stag with the scene is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gold heat embossing for the win! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the gold embossing! I don't usually think about embossing gold on brown, but I love how it looks--I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete