July 9, 2020

Happy Anniversary

Today my husband and I celebrate our 25th anniversary. We were headed for an Alaskan excursion but COVID hijacked those plans for the foreseeable future.

My husband, sneaky bugger gifted me with a beautiful ring as well.

I of course waited for the final countdown to get a card made. Boy oh Boy did I struggle with a concept for this one. There were a few starts with quick ends and a few areas of do-over but I am happy with how it all turned out.

I remember when I first started with cards a long long time ago, I made a number of slimline cards, they were not called that then though. I think I still have one actually that I made in a class. Seeing all the samples on social media is what got me headed in the right. 

I don't have any stitched die cuts for the slimline size of cards but I made do with an edge die to create the stitched edges on black cardstock. 


I cut a piece of grey cardstock and added some font with a background stamp. I added an overlaid of some vellum. I die cut the hearts, two have script and patterns heat embossed in silver and the smallest is die cut from glitter cardstock and each heart is popped up with foam tape.

The sentiment is heat embossed in white on black cardstock and popped up with foam tape as well. I finished with some silver gems. I adhered the panel on to a white card base.

Supplies: White, grey and black cardstock, vellum, My Favourite things - Stitched Basic Edges,Simon Says Stamp - You are background, Ornate Love Stamp & Die, Verve - Anniversary Birds, gems.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

1 comment:

  1. Happy HAPPY Anniversary to you two - I have great respect for your union, you both are always thinking of each other and doing special things... you build them into your life. You make every moment count and I’m so super proud of you both. I am wishing you both so many many happy years more.

    Your card is stunning too, by the way!

    Love you always,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete