November 3, 2020

May your day be wonderful.

I am pretty excited about this post, I love this project. I have been looking at napkin cards for a while and they have intrigued me. So much so that I have picked up some patterned napkins just because I could see them as cards.

I have been a bit crafty challenged this past couple of weeks but I really needed a card for a specific occasion so I could not procrastinate anymore. My mind went through a dozen ideas before this one came to me.

I pulled out some thick watercolour paper and some Mod Podge and went looking for my napkins. I cut the panels I wanted and started to put it all together.

I layered the Mod Podge first, applied the napkin then used a brayer to lay it flat, I added a second layer of Mod Podge and set the panels aside to dry for a couple of hrs.


I die cut the first one with a rectangle die-cut, the second with the postage die-cut and the third on with a die for a gift card envelope.

I heat embossed some sentiments in white on black then created some thread nests from silver thread.

I put together the card first, I added a layer of black cardstock to the bottom napkin panel, then added some foam tape. I die-cut the postage die in black then cut the second panel to fit in the center so the stitching was visible then added a foam tape to pop it up. I added the tread nest and a popped up the sentiment to finish.

I then moved on to the second part of the project, a gift card envelope, I put it all together then added the thread nest and the popped up the sentiment.


I love how these turned out, I can see me playing with more napkin projects in the near future. I used the textured side of the watercolour paper so the end result almost looks like a linen finish.

Supplies: White and black cardstock, Hero Arts - Infinity rectangles, Impression Obsession - Postage Dies, Simon Says Stamp - Tiny Words Birthday, Give Card Envelope, threat, Mod Podge.

Keep Crafty,
Nina

1 comment:

  1. Love these cards and you've used a lovely napkin. Did you just use the top layer? It's a perfect result.

    ReplyDelete