January 29, 2022

Tuesday Morning Sketches #641 - Love

Hello Hello crafty friends - I am playing along with this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches.


I was visiting a favourite store last weekend and found this pretty wrapping paper - I think it is a blend of mulberry and regular wrapping paper as it has a fibrous feel to it. I digress, I like the paper and I could almost instantly picture a beginning of a card.

When I saw the sketch for TMS, I wanted to try to adapt the idea I had to the sketch.


I started by using a die-cut for the paper panel then I added a layer of black cardstock in behind. I created the vellum piece with gold embossing and I added that to a layer of black cardstock as well. The same with the flag panel.

I die cut the heart twice, once with the backside of the patterned paper then another out of black cardstock, I glue them together slightly of the center to make it look like a shadow then added some foam tape to pop it up. I heat embossed the sentiment then die cut it with a coordinating die-cut, added some foam tape and adhered it to the heart.

I finished the card with some black gems. The wrapping paper was easy to work with and die-cutting it did not compromise the shape which I loved. 

All that pretty gold messed with the camera so the photo is not the best.

Supplies: Cream and black cardstock, Designer Paper - Unknown, Simon Says Stamp - Scribble Heart, Ornate Love Stamp and Die Set, gems.

Did you know: The world's termites outweigh the world's humans by ten to one.

Cheers,
Nina


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Every element is wonderful, but I really love the embossed vellum strip!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Nina, very classy! Thank you joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete