February 7, 2022

Cherish the Season

Hello, Hello crafty friends, Merry Monday. I am posting some cards I made as a batch last year. I don't do that very often for those of you who know me.

I started with a card that I made a friend who loves cycling; I had found a holiday bag for her gifts that was black, silver, gold and had a bike in th  snow. I wanted to create a card that would match the bag.


I started with some Tim Holtz Black Kraft cardstock; I am not sure if this is a newish product or not, but I fell in love  ith it. I heat embossed the background trees with gold and silver embossing powder (that I blended)for the.

I then added some splatter in gold and sil er as well. I used die-cuts to create the hills and bicycle.

I blended some gold and silver twine and tied that around the main panel. I added hills which are popped up with foam tape. I add d foam tape to the bike as well.

The sentiment is heat embossed with the same blended embossing powders and has a layer of foam tape. I use a thin foam tape, but the card still has bulk which was perfect as it was hand-delivered. I finished the card with some gems on the bicycle wheels.  I liked how this card turned out.


For the larger production of cards, I replaced the bike with snowflakes and the sentiment varies slightly. For the snowflake I dipped the tip to add some embossing powder. I varied where the trees stamped and there are number of different sentiments so each card was slightly unique.


I created matching chocolate boxes to go with the group of cards. I used my Silhoette to cut out the boxes.


Supplies: White and kraft cardstock, Tim Holtz - Black Kraft cardstock, Simon Says Stamp - Merry Christmas Trees, Classic bicycle wafer die, Spellbinders Mini Christmas greetings stamp & die set, Lawn Fawn -Stitched Snowflake and stitched hillside borders, twine, gems.

I am playing along with Sparkles Christmas Challenge #133 - Use some gold.

Did you know: Women started removing hair from their legs in 400 BCE. They either plucked them with tweezers or singed them with a flame.

Cheers,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your card is a great rendition of that fun gift bag, your friend is sure to love it! Love your metallic spatters, too - so much depth! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and creations. So stunning with the black background. I LOVE them.. So glad you shared over at Sparkles Christmas.

    ReplyDelete