January 13, 2024

Happy Birthday

Hello, crafty friends. I am playing along with Crystal's current challenge. You can find her post HERE.

I took my own path, and this card still looks enough like the original. I can fake it. One, I am horrible at following measurements when it comes to cutting elements. Two, my patterned paper has this pretty linen print, so I did not add the extra texture that would be provided by using an embossing folder:

I started with designer paper with a beautiful scenic image. I made an attempt to cut it into the measurements provided by Crystal.


I glued those down onto a piece of black cardstock and then trimmed it down because I did not quite line everything up correctly; I then added a layer of black cardstock to create a thin mat.

I used a sentiment strip and added black and white cardstock layers to create a frame, then adhered that to the panel with some foam tape. I finished with some dew drops.

Supplies: White and black cardstock, Designer Paper - Paper Rose, Simon Says Stamp - Sentiment strip, dew drop.

Did you know: The first archaeological evidence of soup comes from 6000 BCE, and its primary ingredient was a hippopotamus.

Happy crafting,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment