February 3, 2021

I made a card!

It feels like a long time since I have been motivated to be creative, I am pretty happy that I finished a card last evening. My first in well over a month, that is a stretch for me as cardmaking is my happy place.

Crystal was doing a class on emboss resist so I joined in the fun. I already had a panel of watercolour paper that I had added some bends and twists too then soaked in some black tea to get a weathered look.


I used a background stamp that was the same size as the panel with some clear embossing powder. I then inked up the panel with a few different brown distress inks. The results were a rustic looking panel.

I heat embossed a sentiment in white on brown cardstock adding some foam tape to pop it up.

I then stamped and embossed in black a coffee cup on brown, white and kraft cardstock and fussy cut the pieces. I added some decorative stamping to the pieces and inked the edges of the kraft coffee cup sleeve and ran it through a crimper. I added some foam tape under the sleeve and the lid to give it a 3D effect.


I finished the card by added a layer of brown cardstock, die cut with a stitched rectangle and finishing by adding some brown half pearls. I added a layer for foam tape to the panel before mounting to a cream card base.

Supplies: Cream, white, brown and craft cardstock, Stampendous-Cling Coffee Background, Altenew-Sentiment Strips &Coffee with a splash, Verve-Better with you, Simon Says Stamp-Stitched Rectangles, pearls.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina




1 comment:

  1. Not only did you make a card, YOU POSTED - something I’ve been sorrowfully neglectful of. Kudos Nina - its an attractive one.

    ReplyDelete