June 26, 2023

Sleigh Ride

Merry Monday, crafty peeps - do you ever feel cheated on a card. I do this when I make a card that is a simple design. There are so many tools for crafting that make it easy to be creative, but in the end, if someone is creative and has created something handmade, does it really matter how easy or simple the design is? I don't think so, big or small; the effort matters; the thought counts.

I am not the first to have this thought process; Ardyth and Justine collaborated on this discussion on Youtube. I have not linked the specific video as there is so much great content besides those videos.

So... my design is simple, with lots of layers but simple. I used three different patterned papers and ran them through my Big shot with rectangle dies, each layer a little smaller than the one before it. 


I used a different die cut and cut a piece of vellum larger than the ephemera. I finished the card with another piece of ephemera.

Supplies: White cardstock, Designer Paper - Echo Park & vellum.

Did you know: For every real Christmas tree harvested, farms plant 2 to 3 seedlings in its place.

Happy Crafting,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment