February 15, 2010

Again with the creativity block, things on my mind I guess. I usually only make two Valentines cards, the first of course for the my sweet and wonderful husband, the second for my bestest son ever. I had a bit of a late start, well I guess not really one was done 3 weeks ago the other last week but it felt like crunch time in my mind at the time. Is that a song, it sounds like it would be a good song “Crunch time in my mind”.

Anyhoooo, once this card started to come together I was excited, mostly because I was stumped on it for a while. I started with my multitude of layers, of the hardest parts to this card was the hearts, there are two more inside. They were created with Nestabilites Decorative photo corners, you have to run the die cut through the Cuttlebug once to cut, they a second time to get the wonderful embossed design and you need to shuffle the sandwich stack in between. You can really see but the hearts have a double layer, the bottom layer is silver the top black faux suede designer paper.


This is the Spellbinder Shapabilities I used for the heart, I wish the design was visable in the card portrait.The Black tie designer paper is really a wedding series but serious, unless I tell my husband he will never know.
My husband only ever asks for cookies for Valentine's, sour cream sugar cookies to be exact a soft cookie. Those are the ones shaped as hearts. I though I would snap a picture of his huge tray of cookies. I mixed it up a bit with a second recipe of what Betty Crocker calls the Ultimate Valentines day cookie.


Card Supplies: Cream and silver cardstock, faux suede and making memories Black tie designer paper, Inkadinkado – Love, Making Black tie – ribbon, Doodlebug sugar coated Black brads, Nestabilites – Decorative Photo Corners – Heart.

Cheers,
Nina

1 comment: