Supplies: Pink cardstock, American Crafts Mother Hubbard Designer Paper, Stampendous – Happy Birthday, Flamingo – Jesse James Button, misc ribbon and brads.
1) Cut the card stock 8.5 by 5.5, fold in half for a 4 ¼ by 5 ½ card. I did not assemble the card until all pieces and bits were all ready and had its place.
2) Cut the next layer from the back side of the designer paper, at a size that fits your likes, I left about ¼ inch of pink border. Run this through Cuttlebug using a Swiss Dots folder.
3) Use a second piece of same designer paper, this time using the front side, again size it to create another small border, use a Fiskars punch to create a border along one side. I used All a Fleur for this card.
4) Cut a length of ribbon and glue it to the top 2 layers. Add the two brads.
5) Stamp Happy Birthday on watercolor paper (I used Sepia ink for a softer look), size it, then add a couple of layers to add dimension, I used a darker pink card stock and a left over piece from the Cuttlebug embossed sheet. When assembling I used pop dots to lift it up.
6) I cut the plastic button loop off the Flamingo button and glued it to more layered card stock.
7) I glued all the small pieces together, then glued the layers to the card stock and complete assembling the card.
8) I then used left over designer paper and some natural colored cardstock to create the inside of the card.
9) Personalize the back of the card with signature stamp.
Some additional steps, I used a Tombo pink marker to outline the designer paper, it had a white core that I did not want to show. I also used a nail file to sand some of the dots on the brown paper to let the white show through.
Clear like mud? Questions or concerns… Comments always welcome.
May 30, 2009
May 29, 2009
I always struggle with cards for teenage boys, I figure these darker colors will do the trick. I finished this too late to get the evening sun for the photo, and I was not going to set up my light tent at 10pm, so the shading is a little off but you can still get the idea.
I did not have a stamp that I felt I needed for this card so I found a clipart from Microsoft, I also used a font called VTKS Distress to get that playing on a bike in the mud feeling. Not sure if that worked :)
Supplies: Brown and mustard cardstock, Designer paper – Memory Stor, Cyclist and Happy Birthday - Microsoft Word, Scenic Route twill ribbon.
Have a Fabulous Friday,
May 27, 2009
Barb, Thank you.
May 26, 2009
So enough moaning, this was a quick card. I used my Heartfelt Thanks two-step stamp set from Stampin' Up, with Crimson Cooper and Pearlescent Ivy Dew Drop pigment ink, I stamped the back ground first then the double flower image. Layered it all, added some ribbon and glued it all together.
Suppplies: Cream, brown and mustand cardstock, Stampin' Up - Heartfelt thanks, Misc Get Well Soon, Offray Flair Gold ribbon.
May 25, 2009
May 23, 2009
Supplies: Tan, mustard and burgundy cardstock, Designer Paper from DCWV The Far East Stack, Stamp-is Swirly Birthday, misc ribbon and flowers.
Have a great weekend.
May 22, 2009
These are the stamps.
This is the resulting card. I started with using just ink to see the result.. Tried a number of inks to try to get a clear image… When these steps failed I think tried using Versamark and embossing powder. Now the fault cannot lay with the stamps alone for the following result. I also find that this particular container of embossing powder does not leave a clean emboss. Anyhoo..
Supplies: Brown cardstock, metallic brown designer paper, embossed glossy paper, Impression Obsession – small ornate quares, Celebrate It Holiday Trim ribbon.
This really was suppose to be a simple card so I will do some quick steps.
1) Cut the card stock 8.5 by 5.5, fold in half for a 4 ¼ by 5 ½ card. I did not assemble the card until all the bits were all ready and had its place.
2) Cut a slightly smaller brown metallic paper layer, do the same with embossed glossy paper.
3) Punch the bottom of the embossed glossy paper with a Fiskars All a Fleur punch
4) Cut out small squares for stamping and embossing
5) Cut out small metallic squares for border for above said small squares
6) Glue layers together, small and large
7) Add ribbon
8) Assemble the rest of the card
I made this for no other reason than to use these stamps. I will not give up on these stamps though, I WILL try again.
May 21, 2009
I think I will try something new, I am going to add some ROUGH steps on how I make my cards. I pretty much fly by the seat of my pants when I make them so this could be interesting. I won't add in all the time I reposition or change my mind.
Supplies: The Paper Company – Blond Columns cardstock, green cardstock, BoBunny – Abbey Road Sky – designer paper, Pinkcatstudios – misc flower, Rubber Stampede – Just a note, Offray ribbon – Green.
1) Cut the card stock 8.5 by 5.5, fold in half for a 4 ¼ by 5 ½ card. I did not assemble the card until all pieces were all ready and had its place.
2) Cut the next layer of cardstock to a size that fits you likes, I always like a small border.
3) Cut am additional designer paper layer.
4) Round edges of cardstock and designer paper with a corner punch.
5) Use Spellbinders Large Deckled Mega Rectangles to cut watercolor paper for stamping the flower, cut out a slightly larger green cardstock piece.
6) Use Spellbinders Double ended Tags for stamping Just a note. I outlined this item with green ink.
7) Stamp images, color flowers (I used my atyouSpica glitter markers to add sparkle)
8) Glue 2nd two layers, assemble ribbon and tag and glue as well, glue flower rectangles to smaller green cardstock
9) Glue to Cream cardstock. Personalize the back of the card with signature stamp.
Did I miss any steps? Comments always welcome
May 15, 2009
It is a long weekend this weekend and my husband had commitments so there is a good possibility that I will be able to lock myself away in my craft area and play with my stamps... I hear them, they are calling me.
Have a great day.
May 12, 2009
This card should have been in the mail weeks ago.
Supplies: Cream, baby blue and black Bazzill basics cardstock, Embossed Leaves cardstock, Inkadinkado Clear Stamps – Wedding, Offray My Moments – Petite Gems, Misc cream ribbon, Misc black sentiments ribbon.
May 11, 2009
Supplies: Black and pewter cardstock, Ek Success Harley Davidson Orange Flame and Bar Font Repeat designer paper, Inkadinkado- Mod Motorcycle, the Artful Stamper – Happy Birthday, Black rawhide strip, misc black brad .
I hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day, I was spoiled rotten and had a wonderful day.
Enjoy your Monday,