May 7, 2011

There is a lot going on this weekend. Happy Saturday, some people will be all excited about National Scrapbook day, and some lucky moms will be spoiled rotten for Mother's day tomorrow.

I am not a scrapbooker but I do enjoy playing with my paper and glue so I can feel an affinity, so I was feeling creative this morning and made a card. I am fairly certain that the recipient will not be reading my blog so it is safe to post.

As I was flipping through my designer papers looking for something for a masculine card and I found these. The background is ugly on its own... so I have no idea why I was drawn to it. The card itself turned out great though so it is not a complaint.

I started with layers and then I inked up the stamp with Versamark first, then 4 colours of Versacolor and embossed with clear embossing powder. Then finished by adding some final touchs with floss and mosaic tiles.


Supplies: Natural cream and brown cardsrock, Designer Paper-Hot off the Press, Inkadinkado-Everyday Expressions, Seweasy floss, Versacolour inks, Crystal stickers-Mosaic tiles.

In honour of National Scrapbook day, my talented sister Barb is offering a digital freebee so check it out.

Cheers,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Sweet Sis!

    Your card is perfect - the artist in you must have known ahead of time because it all came together beautifully! Excellent masculine look, I'm sure this one will be displayed with pride for quite a while!

    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card...way to go. You are so talented you pull it all together. Have a Great Mother's Day tomorrow.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and cool birthday card Nina. Have a nice weekend :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card did come together very well. For you not liking the paper you sure did a great job of using it. I really liked how the colors of your paper and your Happy Birhtday matched wonderfully.

    Great job Nina!

    Have a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another really COOL card Nina:) One any man would love!! I agree..you are soo talented.I really think it comes natural with you.:)

    Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!:)

    I will probably be late with Mojo Monday again this week. :(

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete