July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends, I hope that you had a fabulous holiday weekend.

What a great sketch this week for Mojo Monday :) I had such fun making this card, it is for a friend who I have not seen in awhile. I think I will send her this as a reminder it is time we get together.

I knew I wanted to do something TEA themed and I love how it turned out. I added little bits of sparkle all over, it is a shame it does not really show up in the photo.

I stamped the tea cup three times then cut out the parts to give it dimension, I did the same with the tea bags. I did emboss the tea bags as well to give them gloss. I used my Spica glitter markers for the rim of the cup as well as the small flower in the centre and the heart tag at the end of the tea bag string. I finished with a couple of little purple gems.



Supplies: Cream and Plum cardstock, Designer Paper- Hot off the Press, TPC Studio-Coffee Cafe, Kaiser Craft gems.

Cheers,
Nina

8 comments:

  1. Very cool card LilSis.

    Your theme is perfect - everything just 'GOES' so nicely togehter. The teabags are soooo cute!

    Now I want to do a tea or coffee card!

    Love you,

    It was nice to do a "trio" mojo together. Thanks for making that happen.

    BIG Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Nina! Turned out awesome. Nice to hear that you were still able to Mojo with Aunty Barb and glad my ma could be apart of that.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card Nina ..it was awesome to be able to be with you and your sis for Mojo Monday. Have a great week.


    hugs

    PS where do you get your paper ...if it's MIcheal's I want to visit we have nothing like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute. Love the cup and I appreciate the cutting that went into making is so special! The tea bags are just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SOOOOO cute and I ADORE the polka dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Mojo Monday Blog.
    Your card is gorgeous!
    New follower here.
    http://caroldlee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again.:)
    I too LOVE this card!! I also LOVE the way you did the cup and tea bags.How COOL!!Your friend will be thrilled to receive it!! She will also know that you have taken such care in making the PERFECT card for her.:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fabulous! I could totally go for a cup of tea right now! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete