July 23, 2011

My oh my.. I am posting a Clean and Simple card today, I however did not make it so simple. In fact I don't even want to try to guess how much time this card took me. This is for a new baby boy.

This is the sketch:


In typical Nina fashion the picture does not do the card justice. In truth the part that took me the longest was making the stars. I cut them out from a stamped image, trying to resize as I cut. I have odd shaped stars all over my craft space. I embossed them all with clear embossing powder and made one into a button. The two tiny stars I stamped on the DP directly and coloured then with a Clear Star jelly roller.


Supplies: Cream and blue cardstock, Designer Paper-DCWV, There She Goes-Bit of Stardust, TPC Studio-Brush Stroke Greetings, Sew Easy fancy floss, Gelly Roller-Clear Star.

Cheers,
Nina

6 comments:

  1. Hi LilSis,

    GREAT take on the sketch and I rather like the stars much better than the hearts, I'm sort of hearted out at the moment.

    I bet you find stars stuck all over your person for weeks haha!

    What the heavens is a clear star gelly roller? Sounds like a whole lotta fun!

    Hope you're having a terrific summer *wink*

    Love ya
    Big Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect Nina! and i dont think you over did it at all.
    Again another fabulous card!
    I you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cute card, love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon Nina:)
    I too LOVE this card. So pretty with the stars!I have GOT to get some of that clear embossing powder.:) Christy (DD) told me I could do something similar with Mod Podge...have you ever tried that before on your paper elements etc.?
    I had come by to see you several times after your Anniversary...but you hadn't posted again yet.Then all of a sudden..there are several.hehe
    Hope you have a wonderful day my friend.:)
    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the result was well worth the effort Nina! I love those stars and the way you popped some of them up and stamped the others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your star buttons! A great card and just perfect for a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete