August 16, 2011

Happy Tuesday,

It is sure nice to be home, although it means that my vacation is only a day from being over it is good to be in my home setting.

My sister was floored when I zoomed away from her place at 04:45 on Monday, the stars and moon were still out and the sun had not even started to peak over the horizon in her little pocket desert.  I however love how the roads are almost empty, and the empty desert road between Osoyoos and Keromeos is very dark with only night creatures out and about and it is such a  peaceful drive. There is also sheer beauty in seeing the sun come up as you drive along.

Enough of that, this is really a Mojo Monday post. I had time yesterday once I got home to make a card but I was content with un-packing and doing laundry. Today though I was free and clear to sit down in my craft area.

Isn't this a great sketch, today for me it was perfect for a masculine card. I used several different sections of a Hot Of the Press-Masculine sarapapers, I embossed each section with a Cuttlebug embossing folders. All the layers are popped up with foam tape.



Supplies: Kraft cardstock, Designer Paper-Hot off the Press, The stamps of Life-Happy2beCircles Set #8, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Spellbinders Nestabilites.

Cheers,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. love the card Nina ...it is so awesome to drive when the road is yours and yours alone. Glad to here you girls had an awesome time . Love the paper you used and the cuttlebug embossing folders ...made the paper pop.
    Have a great weekend.


    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the color...is so clean and almost refreshing to look at.
    You definetly hit this sketch perfectly.
    Nice to know you made it home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it Sis - reminds me that I forget to use embossing, it really does make the cards look nice. You always layer so nicely!

    Love
    Your proud Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Nina:)
    Wow..let me sleep for a few minutes and I have to scroll down halfway to catch your posts that I missed.LOL You have been BUSY my friend!!:)
    I LOVE your cards!!ALL of them!! :)
    I LOVE the embossing too!! I must remember to take the time to do that!!
    I hope to get one going today.Had my wisdom tooth pulled Wednesday and not much creativity came from that.LOL

    Hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete