September 24, 2011

*I am going to give Microsoft Live writer another try so please be patient with me.*

It is a beautiful day here, it started off foggy but the sun has come out. We get the most bizarre patches of sea fog that drift in off the water through and the temperature can drop very quickly.  It was a perfect morning for the 5KM Fun Walk that I participated in, I am pretty proud of myself making it over the finish line in a little over 37 mins.

I did not get The Friday Mashup done till later in the evening last night, I wanted to wait for some natural light for my picture. Here are the details for this weeks challenge.
MUG25_thumb4
  1. Make a project using the "Square Sketch above ".
  2. Or Make a Project that has a "Masculine" theme.
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Square Project using the Sketch, with a Masculine theme".
I made this for my son, who is almost 18 so has not gone out Trick or Treating for years but he does have the honour of giving candy out to all the munchkins that come by our house. I will usually pick him up something special of his own so he does not raid too much from the give away candy bowl.

I roughed up some of the edges, added a little texture here and there and finished with some spiders that had me humming Incy Wincy Spider all evening.

FM#25

Supplies:  Cream and gray cardstock, Designer Paper-Recollections, Stampendous-Pumpkin Plaque, Jolee’s Boutique, Cuttlebug embossing folder, misc ribbon.

I have a ton of comments to return then I think I might try another card.

Cheers,
Nina

10 comments:

  1. awww...that Friday mashup is a neat challenge. Love how you did the Halloween theme ...way to go on the walk wow. Have a great weekend.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great Halloween card Nina! Love those happy grins on the pumpkins! This is a perfect Halloween card for a young man.

    Great job mashing up the challenge and thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina, Fabulous take on the sketch and theme this week. Love those spiders! Fabulous to see you playing along with us at the Friday Mashup.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. *snort* I can HEAR you hummy insy winsy my little Sister. They are the CUTEST little spiders I've seen. We have some prehistoric ones on our windows outside right now that have bums as big as raisins and they are gross! Sorry if that creeps anyone out.

    Your card is too wonderful - I hope the boy displays this in a window for all to enjoy.

    Love you,
    Sis

    PS - CONGRATS on your 5k, should I call you a "daddy longlegs" if you were a spidey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Halloween card Nina.Those pumpkins are so cute, thanks for playing at Friday Mashup this week.
    Cindy GD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 5K . I love those spiders.. Great take on the challenge! I love what you did with the Sketch. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and i Love your little spiders...soooo cute!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love your cards, Nina. I have an award for you on my blog... www.sarahwalms.blogspot.com
    Thanks for keeping me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable...love those pirate pumpkins Nina...Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so much fun. Love the pumpkins and especially the little spiders parading around. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete