October 13, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches #6

Another great challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches

This is the sketch:


I had most of this card done right away, I was stuck on the bow and the shape. I could not seem to get my bow right so in the end I tied it with a small piece of floss to give it a little twist. The poinsettia I have had in my stash for a couple of years and once I remembered I had them it worked perfectly for my shape.


Supplies: Natural white and burgundy cardstock, Designer Paper- Memory Box, Penny Black-The gift of peace, misc ribbon, misc poinsettia.

Cheers,
Nina

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely creation Nina! Love the sentiment and the pretty poinsettia. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Nina ... I love the rich burgundy colour of your card and I think your ribbon is just perfect ... love the poinsettia as your finishing touch .... just gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Simple and elegant with such rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Nina! The colors and simplicity make it such an elegant, rich card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina, this is so lovely! Holiday cards made with burgundy are always so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Nina ~ LOVE this color combo ~ thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a wonderful comments ~ love your creativity :-) Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is quite stunning! I love the focus on the sentiment (and it is beautiful). Elegant sums this up perfectly! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the rich burgundy against the crisp white. Excellent job of showcasing the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening Nina:)
    WEll..you have done it again and again..such GORGEOUS cards!!:) I too LOVE the Burgundy and white with your pretty bow and poinsettia.Love that the sentiment stands out so prominent on the card cover too!:)


    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card and love the pointettia you added! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete