March 25, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #27

A quick post this morning before I head out for a hike in the fabulous sunshine. Today's card is for the current Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.




The camera really picked up the brown in the buttons, my card is a little more 'cheerful' then this :) I tried to lighten it a little but it just threw the colours all off kilter so in the end I left it.



I loved all the options that I could have used for this card, but as soon as I saw the sketch I was determined to make buttons. I have the layers popped up with foam tape.

Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-7Gypsies , Flourishes-Taglines, misc punches and embossing folders, embrodery floss.

Cheers,
Nina

8 comments:

  1. I love the look of your card with the buttons! The background paper is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love your background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the colors are fabulous - so earthy! And I think I see a little embossing here too! That's a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh! great card. Love your buttons, and really really like your DP. I would just love to see you stock...you really do have some amazing stuff.
    Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card! I love the colours in the DSP you've used - thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colors are beautiful! I love that DSP. What a pretty card. Glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Nina. I really like the texture on the background. I hope you had a wonderful hike. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nina I love this.. Great idea to use the knots in the squares... I like your new Blog look too. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete