May 11, 2012

Playing in Paradise #66

Happy Friday Everyone - it is time for a new Playing in Paradise challenge. This week our inspiration is Graduation & Encouragement.

Class of 2012 is pretty important in our household, our son has his graduation ceremony in less than a month.


I have had a small stash of graduation designer papers for a couple of years and I have had plenty of idea's for cards in my head as well. I wanted the card to match the 3D grad cap though and I just started putting layers together, I am happy with the end result.

I learned to make tassles too :) I heat embossed the stamped grad cap then cut them out, I added the small tassle then popped it up with foam tape.


I love this Graduation cap from SVG Cuts, I think I may fill it with jelly beans :). The tutorial made it look so easy to put it together. I think there is a reason I ahould stick with making cards.

The 3D cap is not very big. I took a picture of card and cap beside each other to give you and idea of sizes, the card is standard A2.


Supplies: Natural Ivory, red and black cardstock, Designer Paper-Reminisce, TPC-Graduation, SVG Cuts- Graduation cap, red embossing thread, misc brads, Candy dots.

Please visit the  Playing in Paradise blog to see the projects from the other Design Team members. Play along with us and you could win the prize. We love to see you projects.

Cheers,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having a Graduating Child. You and your Son should be proud. Job well done indeed!!
    Lovely card work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and hat!! You've been busy this week creating all these wonderful cards!
    I do need a few grad cards, so I hope I can find time to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and great cap! Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome Nina! Love the background on your card and that cap is inspired!

    ReplyDelete